NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars - 3rd Dec - 10.20-10.23pm - DMK Camera --

jcm

130mm APO at F30 , DMK , 2000 frames RGB , using about 200 of each.

Went a bit crazy with the processing :icon_jokercolor:

Bit of a "fight" to try to reduce the red but keep the detail.

Umm... Not sure I am making progress here.

Does it look like a face to you?

John

post-13061-133877334429_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877334433_thumb.jpg

Don't get youself too uptight over it John. Of course you're making progress. The detail in there is very good, and all you need is the processing skills.

I wouldn't know where to start, so no help from me, but I do see a lot of potential in there, and Somebody will show the way I'm sure.

There is lots of time before the close encounter with mars, and you will have it sussed by then.

It actually reminds me of a totally elipsed moon the coppery red one you know.

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Don't be so hard on yourself John. All it needs is a little lowering of the saturation. It is a marvelous image.

Ah... , that looks better. I think I was a bit "ham fisted" when a more delicate approach was needed.

John

Just a quick thanks for help/suggestions given by SGL members ( esp MartinB , Legion48). I have learnt a lot just from this one thread. I am looking forward to having another go at Mars as soon as :icon_jokercolor: go away.

John

Nice pic John makes me want to have another stab at planetary imaging. Never been satisfied with my previous results.

Regards

Kevin

I think my skills , at the moment , do not match the quality of the scope I have. But at least there is room for further improvement.

John

I don't mind anyone playing with my images :icon_jokercolor:

Since there is more detail in this one than I thought ( not sure why as seeing conditions were only average) I will reprocess the original video clips with a bit more care.

John

Archived