Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just bought PixInsight.

I like it. Its a vast piece of software and I've not even scratched the surface. Yet another £152! :shocked: That's on top of 460/EFW2/Filters. Been an expensive Astro week this one! No point having shiny [expensive] hardware and trying to process in Windows Paint ! :p

I notice there is a Ian King imaging course for intermediates in Coventry on the 20th July that part covers PI. Anyone going?

+1 for Harry's Tutorials.

I'm on the verge of buying PI myself Steve. I have PS3 but can't seem to

obtain the finished images I require. Looking at Harry's Tuts seems to make sense.

All the best with your new shiny toys.

cheers

Steve

The official video is also very good, Harry basically breaks it down into small bite size steps to keep it simple.

Official video? Tell me more? :) (unless it costs yet me money of course.... :p )

+1 for Harry's Tutorials.

I'm on the verge of buying PI myself Steve. I have PS3 but can't seem to

obtain the finished images I require. Looking at Harry's Tuts seems to make sense.

All the best with your new shiny toys.

cheers

Steve

Before you jump over to the dark side, give Scott Rosen's walkthrough video a watch. It's 2 hours long and covers DSLR processing in photoshop. I was blown away by the results:

http://www.astronome...gb_tutorial.php

Archived