NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First CCD question on 460 ! ;-)

Playing around with the 460/EFW on my desk :-)

All looks mighty good stuff and super quality - amazingly so! I am very impressed.

I have been playing around with Artemis and the sequencer. I took some BIAS pictures with sensor totally covered and exposure minimum possible - 0.001

This is what I get... Is this OK? Also look sliek that in FITS liberator - seems both views are beign stretched ?

post-16295-0-30891300-1373022719_thumb.j

Just looks odd... from a DSLR BIAS look black.

Looks like it will be clear tonight as well! :)

Rgds, Steve

Thanks guys. All looks pretty straightforward so far (long may it continue)

Another question? When the camera downloads the images onto the PC I noice they all get dumped into one big mass into the specified directory. Is there any automated way to organise these files by filter position? Something that can sort on the meta-data perhaps? So that flats, red, green etc can easily be seen without firing up FITS viewers to sort them manually? Is there a way to tell Artmemis what data to populate in the fits metadata? For example, rather than just stick "Filter Position 1" it can put "Blue" in that field instead? Or is the answer to move diretory when you start a different filter?

Thanks, Steve

Well, scope out and all ready to go...... And high wispy cloud rolled in :( Will watch today's Tour Highlights and then see what the crack is outside afterwards.

Why do Atik provide nice long 3m USB cables and then only 1.8m power leads? It takes over a meter of that power lead just to get to the vertical height of the camera. Does not leave much for slewing around and I have found I need to move the battery pack around.... This is looking like my first modification.

Fingers crossed for later. Not hoping for much for tonight, just to check out how it all works and the workflow. If I can catch a couple each of LRGB 300s on an unambitious object like M13 or M27 I shall be delighted....

Archived