Choose your kit wisely!!!!

jamoo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhanks for all the welcome guys. Really trying hard to wait for an auction to end on ebay but with the clear skies we are getting I am increasingly getting impatient!!

UPDATE....

The auction did not go so well, and I have been thinking long and hard about going down the visual route. Hence I have decided that for now I am going to do much more visual work with a good DOB. After much consideration I went for the 14" synscan skyliner and a couple of Televue lenses. I have got the Panoptic 24mm Nagler and have the 55mm 2" Televue plossl on order. I am now wondering what other eyepieces I should get with this scope as I have some cash left to fritter. I only want to buy good quality lenses and am hoping to go for a powermate but again am unsure what would be best for my type of scope. It looks like a beast from picture on websites and only changed to the 14" at the last minute thinking of my poor back!! so Again if I could have some advice on what accessories would compliment this scope i'd be very grateful!!!! Sorry to seem to have backtracked on the imaging route, but being a beginner I didn't want to end up with a dust gatherer in the garage....

damo means a big exit pupil. this will give a washed out sky and waste some aperture. with (presumably) a f4.5 focal ration you'd be better with a 28-30mm eyepiece. I'd say your panoptic would be good for that though - maybe change the 55mm for a 12 / 13mm approx.

Archived