Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker Blurring

Was wondering if this has happened to anybody else? I loaded some images into DSS today and the resulting stack was blurry in about 1/5th of the image, all in the same area. I have had this problem a couple times before and deduced that it was the Flats causing this every single time. When i remove the flats and re-stack, the image comes out fine.

Anybody had a similar experience or know what may be the problem and how to fix it?

Cheers

Was wondering if this has happened to anybody else? I loaded some images into DSS today and the resulting stack was blurry in about 1/5th of the image, all in the same area. I have had this problem a couple times before and deduced that it was the Flats causing this every single time. When i remove the flats and re-stack, the image comes out fine.

Anybody had a similar experience or know what may be the problem and how to fix it?

Cheers

Hi,

Can u post the original subs, flats, darks, and bias and a copy of the stacked image please? Without these it s impossible to tell what is wrong.

A.G

Hi A.G, do you need every single sub?? Because that is ALOT of data to post!

Hi,

Post at least a few of the subs and the stacked one to start, it maybe that a few duff subs have got through and spoilt the end game. As for flats, these must be taken at the smae focus point and orientation while pointg at a diffused light source as you already know, getting good flats is an art in itself but noy that difficult once you got the hang of it.

Regards,

A.G

DSS is capable of some strange effects if you get a parameter wrong. My best example is this a 'stack' of a single light frame and a corresponding flat. In one half of the image it has managed to misalign the colour channels. Strange considering it's just a single sub!

DSIR6553a_FLAT_1024_zpsaa35ca03.jpg

• 1 year later...

DSS is capable of some strange effects if you get a parameter wrong. My best example is this a 'stack' of a single light frame and a corresponding flat. In one half of the image it has managed to misalign the colour channels. Strange considering it's just a single sub!

DSIR6553a_FLAT_1024_zpsaa35ca03.jpg

Hi, this just happened to me.  Do you know the cause/remedy?  Its fine if i exclude flats from the stack.

Archived