Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky @ nights APT app on disc!

Gasman

Hi

Just installed APT from the sky at night cover disc and wondering if others use it with ccd`s at all?. Looks a very useful piece of software I think primarily aimed at DSLR users but seems to have some useful features for ccd use but not heard much about it among ccd users?. Thinking of trying it with my 314 the next clear night whenever that is. Anyone know of any tuts for APT please?

thanks

Steve

Thanks for that Steve. Seemed to have read in the past that APT was time limited unless you buy a license but no mention of a license with this version 2.20?. If it works ok for me don`t mind contributing. My ccd is an Atik 314 and fine with Ascom apps.

Steve

There's no time limit , but you don't get certain features with the 'demo' copy , Planetary and Focus aid if I remember.

BYEOS is time limited though.

Not a lot between them but I prefer APT , just a personal preference , lots of folk prefer BYEOS.

I think most if not all ccd`s come with their own control software which is maybe why some ccd'ers haven't gone down the APT route.My own Atik comes with the excellent Artemis which works flawlessly with my ccd and filterwheel but I'm liking a few of the features in ATP, well worth a try methinks :smiley:

Steve

Thanks for that Steve. Seemed to have read in the past that APT was time limited unless you buy a license but no mention of a license with this version 2.20?. If it works ok for me don`t mind contributing. My ccd is an Atik 314 and fine with Ascom apps.

Steve

Steve,

There are no time limitations :) Just some features are not available. Their list can be found here (the red items)

http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Features.aspx

BTW 2.30 will have more features dedicated to CCDs :)

Archived