NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do you attach a telescope filter to DSLR?

emadmoussa

I use EOS 1100D for sky time lapse, using 28-40mm lens. I want to utilize my UHC 2" filter to cut down light pollution. Can you attach the 2" filter to the camera lens? I'm not considering Astronomik CLS clip filter at the moment.

post-27451-0-72199800-1372427682_thumb.j

Ah I thought that might be the case, hense I wasn't particularly confident with my reply. My train of though was that plenty of people use the 1.25 adapter to attach a camera to a telescope, and that steps down far more than 58mm to 48mm, but I suppose that is done right next to the sensor rather than at the end of the lens.

You screw the adaptor into the filter thread on the lens and then the filter into the adaptor ...... :rolleyes:

I don't suppose there's a great need for a fancy web-page showing a list of figures , and I guess there's not much you can do to jazz up a bit of anodised aluminium with two threads cut into it ,

very sorry for pointing you to an unfashionable site ....

You screw the adaptor into the filter thread on the lens and then the filter into the adaptor ...... :rolleyes:

I don't suppose there's a great need for a fancy web-page showing a list of figures , and I guess there's not much you can do to jazz up a bit of anodised aluminium with two threads cut into it ,

very sorry for pointing you to an unfashionable site ....

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Sorry, this is the developer in my head that looked at the website :D And trust me, there's a bunch of way to vamp up that site. User experience and interface do count.

Call me 'old-fashioned' , but I wish there were more sites like this that show you exactly what you need to see , in a clear concise way without all the bells , whistles and flashing lights .... :grin:

I see what you mean, Steve. But first rule in modern web development is to get rid of these whistles and flashing lights for the sake of easier user experience and please-don't-give-me-a-panic-attack sort of interface :D. I totally agree that simplicity is the key for a better navigation through the site. You can achieve a better version of that with modern web standards.

I don't want to get technical here, but the whole site is built using old-fashioned ''tables'' instead of ''divs'' (a different fancy word for integrated boxes). These tables are difficult to integrate into effective search engines and won't give you flexibility and at the risk of turning obsolete over time. Plus it requires a bit of categorization to simplify finding what're you looking for. I give you credit for your patience, but for me personally, I don't have enough patience to read everything on the page...hence the content-vs-page rule is a bit shaky.

OK, I'm going to stop...I'm even boring myself :D And forgive my babbling ...

Archived