Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video Capture Device

Macavity

Recently had problems with (new computer and) Video Capture. Basically the machine locks up from time to time. The mostly likely common factor (I'm running either Gstar4 or Smartcap capture) is the USB dongle. In fairness, I am using the infamous bootleg(?) "EasyCAP" not the pukka, patented "EzCap". :embarrassed:

Time for a change! Any favourite capture devices? I have thoughts of using a PCI card since it's a desktop machine. Perhaps a "Compro"? Failing that any reliable different dongle would do! :p

Hi...I think I have the same capture dongle. ..easycap ...from the bay dirt cheap can't remember if it came from h k...the software is pants,,, sharpcap can work with it only gives one capture size but can use the zoom to enlarge it a bit...working fine last night when I used it.. Davy

Hi Macavity

I have 2 EasyCap devices - each has a different chipset. However I only use them on XP and they seem OK.

Given the limited observing time we have I should probably invest in a pukka branded device - let us know what you finally get!

Clear Skies

Paul

Thanks, Guys. Yes, I'll let you know. ;)

It's an odd affair - the EasyCap thing? My cheapo dongle worked perfectly with my Samsung Notebook.

Seems to give a very occasional freeze with my new home-brew desktop? <sigh> But who knows... :p

Most of the other things are working reasonably well at the moment... Must've missed something? :D

Archived