Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sw ed80 and Samsung scb2000

shirva

Well thanks to help from Johnno and Paul I've got above set up and running now...moon behind clouds just now but rays of light getting pushed out and viewing it on laptop. ..what a big diff going from a dslr to this.....no disrespect intended but near live view is amasing...I have waited a long time to get to this stage ....like first light all over again. ...its a Rubbish cloudy night viewing from indoors looking south but Im so impressed roll on dark clear skies....Davy

I'm estatic ..had started getting a bit of ok on moon shots with dslr and the ed80 but couldn't get the sammy to focus on anything. ..with weather really poor here in cumbernauld Scotland I set about modding the Sammy. ..but I've had help from guys on this forum and I'm now at the starting Gates...this is a brilliant forum and I regard these guys as friends now...Carl ..Johnno...doctor d ect ...I look forward to the posts on here totaly found its direction now with all this forums regulars nytecam ..psychobilly..micheal morris yourself and many more who are making this great forum better WIth all there hard work...keep it up guys...Davy

Hi peter. .I haven't tried it on my 8" reflector yet..I'm as chuffed to bits its working on my ed80 ...the only thing I'm not Shure of is whether to get the sw flatner/focal reducer to complete the rig...last year has just been a learning curve for me gathering as much knowledge as possible on astro imagining with dslr and near live imaging. ..this year I hope to capture and publish on here my images. ..the standard is fantastic just now.. I have read right to the beginning of this forum and how far it has progressed now its amasing at one point i thought it had died off ...it has a no bad wee following now and hopefully it will grow as a less expensive option to dedicated astro cameras. ..the info from Paul is a great help for me , Carl and Johnno in trying to moddify a Samsung into a better cooled version. ..I think we all believe it is a viable route to go down and maye help disabled astronomers get into or stay in the hobby using near live views. ....I was viewing clouds back lit with the moon and they were stunning to look at....Davy

The chips so small you shouldn't need a flattener ... A reducer is handy though I tried mine with a whole range of different reducers (0.63x & 0.33X SCT ones and 0.5x 1.25" one and spacing's... I can't remember if the pic's survived the change in forum software....

I will have a look If I can find them if they didn't although it's a PC ago as well... so it might take a while...

Looks like they did or that I have already gone back and done it...

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/115811-samsung-scb-2000-with-sct-reducers/

Peter...

I used mine on the front of the c to 1.25" adaptor and had an ext tube about 20mm long to alter the reduction ratio... With smaller chips they are pretty forgiving spacing wise its just the reduction ratio might not be what you expected..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Done same with mine at half twelve n went ok may take more time to suspect out.....and been yawning and knackered all day...thought cos I had day off work today to take partner to hospital I'd be ok....all I got from her was.....I thought you went to yours to get early night.....what she dosent know won't hurt me.....paying the price thought round all the shops. .b n q bargain plants ..humphin bags of pea gravel. ...canny wait to go to work to get out her road....but mmm she's done the garden eh don't get that one...davy

Hi Paul..got ir filter on the c to 1.25 nose adapter from my spc900 ..just focal reducer need sorted out to give me a wider field of view. ...Johnno prob have answer to that one ..lol...Davy

Credit where its due ...John (Johnno) sorted that out for me...think Ile be the Michael fish of the video forum allways looking out the window at the weather. .I'm just glad its up n running to catch you guys up wae your images. ..seriously thanks to all that help and inspire me to keep going on this crazy hobby...hopefully get my control box for eq3. ..partners garden nearly done and can reset up astro shed...eq3. .eqtooth. ..eqmod. .laptop. .remote desktop to inside computer. ..still to make remote focusser controller to fit the sw focusser. ...Davy

Archived