NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Merseyside Newbie

Firecone

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello There! I just joined this lovely forum tonight but when I saw Liverpool AS being mentioned I thought I would give you a wave! :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: I have been a member there for a few months and they have excellent monthly meetings at the Quaker House in School Lane. Everyone has broken up for the summer now but the next monthly meeting will be in September. I believe that there will be a buffet and drinks gathering for September. :D

Hello There! I just joined this lovely forum tonight but when I saw Liverpool AS being mentioned I thought I would give you a wave! :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: I have been a member there for a few months and they have excellent monthly meetings at the Quaker House in School Lane. Everyone has broken up for the summer now but the next monthly meeting will be in September. I believe that there will be a buffet and drinks gathering for September. :D

The monthly meetings are from September to May but the weekly meetings are open throughout the year from 19:00 onwards. Last Wednesday, using the 12" Meade SCT, was great as I got to show a couple of beginners Venus, Spica and Saturn................oh yeah and the Sun was still above the horizion. And afterwards showed a couple of double stars such as Albireo showing the lovely contrast in colours blue and golden Yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived