NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Obsy 90% done

bcfcciderhead

Following on from my last post "what casters to use" I have bought some, fitted them and got the roof working.

Still a few bits to do but the obsy is up and running:D

All I need to do now is trim a few bushes, board the sides and roof ( make it look my homely) and get some power to it.

Pleased so far and it may look a little tight for room but surprisingly enough to move around the scope in most viewing positions.

The complete build cost around £120 that's shed, a swap for my smaller metal one and the pier was nothing with all materials sourced from work ;)

So here's a few pics so far.....taken from my phone so hope they come out OK

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

post-8323-137201061869_thumb.jpg

post-8323-137201064659_thumb.jpg

post-8323-137201066304_thumb.jpg

post-8323-137201068033_thumb.jpg

Thanks for comments guys.

yes it does look small inside but the photos seem to make it looking smaller then it is, I got plenty of room to walk around the scope and to house all my bits so will do me nicely, plus on a bit of a tight budget.

Just happy to have the scope always set up and ready to use and only do visual so no warm room needed.

happy so far just want this cloud to go now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IT looks nice and tidy ive just fitted a warm room into mine. How is your pier with thw diameter being small with the weight of the scope on?

Its not to bad, without the scope on it was solid tried giving it a shake and it was solid.

With scope on it will wobble a little but you will have to grab it and shake it.

I guess for those who what to take photos the movement/vibration will show up, but for me doing mainly visual its fine.

Have had the scope moving at full speed, stopped it and had a look in the EP and all was good.

Will see how it goes and take it from there......after all it was free

Archived