NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ragecams on eBay

shirva

Has anybody used or thought about using this as a project. ..says ok for astronomy. .good one for Carl n Paul to check out ...sent enquiry to see if c or cs mounting on the pcb its a Sony chip...pcb very small and can fit a Peltier right behind chip to cool no probs...maybe next project guys

Hi Davy had a look. would be easy to cool and make a housing alright. There are spec sheets on these types of board cameras on videocon.co.uk. Only thing I can see is there appears to be no manual controls ie shutter speed is auto and exposure control which would be needed I suspect.

Cheers Carl

Hi guys

These do not have any integration so will not be any good for DSOs.

I played with a board camera years ago - there were some that could be modified for long exposures but K never tried.

HTH

Paul

Bang on Paul. ..saves messing around ...any out there you could recommend a scratch build from a pcb board camera. ...think Carlson itching for a challenge lol....back to drawing board guys till Paul keeps us right again lol..Davy

Think were hoping for miracles. ..a wee cam on a pcb ..fit a nice Peltier big heatsink and fan in a nice casing and bingo a super duper nebula seeking galaxy piercing video camera. ...if only...Davy

Hi Davy

Just had a second look - this camera:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-ASTRONOMY-STAR-LIGHT-MIDNIGHT-TELESCOPE-CCD-CAMERA-/350372639388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5193d6329c

Looks like it might have integration - claims to be 0.0003 Lux at F2.0 which is similar to the Samsung. No mention of integration but hard to see how it can be this sensitive without.

Might be worth a go - but might be the same price as the Samsung by the time you add postage from the US.

HTH

Paul

Think were hoping for miracles. ..a wee cam on a pcb ..fit a nice Peltier big heatsink and fan in a nice casing and bingo a super duper nebula seeking galaxy piercing video camera. ...if only...Davy

I know your dying to put that peltier to good use :smiley:

Hi Davy

As Carl says, these tick the right boxes.

You will need a different type of nose piece to screw in the front - perhaps one of the Philips Web cam ones might work. You will also have to find out how to remove any IR filter that may be fitted.

Also it's mont clear how you change the settings on the Cam - but this should not stop you having a go!

HTH

Paul

Was having a look at the ocb cameras and I think if could get a dirt cheap cs type cctv camera you might be able to change it over ..couple of Phillips screws...I imagine would be pretty standard board wise for fitting different lens fittings. ..Davy

Archived