NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

.RAW2 files need help

Coco

I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic Lumix GH3 which takes .jpg or .RAW2 files, Ive been sent some raw2 darks from a friend but Astroart 5 wont stack them ,it doesn't know what they are, same with Deep Sky Stacker.

I'm thinking I will have to manually convert them to a TIFF before stacking... any thoughts?

Are you using the latest version of each software? I imagine that the software wont recognise the file extension yet, so your best bet might well be to convert them to Tiffs. Unless someone else has a better idea perhaps? I'm no expert :)

Better off thinking about a Canon in all honesty ... :rolleyes:

I have a 40D(in my sig) and use our company 1D MKIII daily for products in the studio..

The GF1 is my favourite camera of the last 4 years, I have a few nice m4/3 lenses and wanted to get a Gh3 and use it on the refractor for wide field... if its not sensitive its no big deal..

The GH3 is listed as supported by dcraw, which is what Deep Sky Stacker uses to decode RAWs. Have you tried the latest beta version of Deep Sky Stacker?

NigelM

I dont have the latest version but will download and try again, I had another go with the Gh3 in Wilkinson cameras yesterday, although its aimed at video I really like the camera. But also like the Sony Nex 6 after playing about with that too..

If you are interested in the GH3 then you may find this of interest - the original poster has been using the GH3 , GH2 and a full spectrum GF1 for astrophotography and video

(I modded my GH2 for video by using the 144mb/s firmware hack)

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3376796

In the interest of impartiality I'm sure you will find similar on the Nex forum at the same site but since I don't have a Nex I haven't looked

Archived