Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography With a Raspberry Pi Camera

Dave-Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

I have just started a sort of apprenticeship at a robotics and automation company and i am looking to do just what you guys are saying as kind of a learning curve project, i have the Pi and access to the camera but i am still doing the research on the units at the moment, i am also looking into how hard it would be to adapt some stepper motors to allow me to track or manually use the RA axis, this thing could end up weight a lot but my initial idea was to Velcro strap the pi and webcam setup to the OTA and view/power it all over one cat5/usb hybrid cable

The project is still in its very early stages but its nice to know other people are thinking along the same lines!, on the plus side the location of my office is now in a 5 acre feild in the country so after hours viewing might be good in the winter time :)

Archived