Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

where to go? (north west)

hi, looking to go out somewhere tonight as its looking clear, anyone got any good dark exact locations to set my scope up within around an hours drive of the liverpool area? struggling to find anywhere! any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

rob.

head for bala lake area Snowdonia very dark there milkyway is amazing. give me a shout if your interested

hi yer definitely interested, is there an exact spot where i could park my car up and set up my scope nearby that you know of? and also away from car headlights and stuff lke that?

your lucky living around wrexham nice and close to dark skies

hi rob. im tempted to go tomorrow night if your interested, I can easy meet you. the site is very black and no light pollution, if you google bala you will find its not far. I will wait for your reply

hi, tomorrows no good for me as i don't finish work till 11pm, the earliest i can do now is sat/sun or next week, and yer bala lake is about 1hr 20 mins away witch is doable, will probably go up on the weekend if the weather is looking good if your up for that, good luck if you go tomorrow, weather is looking to be good!

that's a shame rob, but im back in work Friday. I will probably go tomorrow so I will let you no how I get on. I will p.m. you the directions later. it realy is very good. looks like im going on my own then :grin:

yer maybe some other time, do you go up there often? thanks for sharing a good spot anyway, its surprisingly hard to find anywhere, and yer it'll be good to hear how you got on

Archived