NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Been a bit quiet around here...

ibraidwo

Hi all,

i know I've only been to one session, however I saw more in that night than I have in a multiitude of back garden viewings and I do enjoy following my more local observers on here.

Am guessing the lighter evenings, prominent moon and too many clouds is keeping you all in your own back gardnens...

...it's certainly been very quiet!!!

Hope everyone is well...

Hi there,

Not much observing done here either. Poor weather, work and short nights have all had an effect. Been in the garden a few times but typically Lunar and planetary. Last weekend was about the best session I've had in ages and that was during the day with the PST!

Same here, although we are finally getting a run of clear skies now it doesn't get dark till very late.

Best observing chances for me over the summer are at the weekends when it doesn't cause problems staying up till 4am'ish. This time last year we had a great observing session down at Bignor.

Yeah! Sorry about that. I've been working on the scope at every chance I've got. It's so close now. I really wanna get it finished while the nights are short, so I can take advantage of the longer nights ahead.

All the clear nights we've had have seemed to coincide with nights when my van is full of kit/rubbish, so no room for the scope.

Hopefully we'll all meet up soon.

I've either been ill or too tired when had clear nights, can certainly say this year just gone, from last summer to this , has easily been one that have gone out least - mostly due to bad weather, hope this next 'observing season' has good runs of clear nights! Hope to catch up with you all soon, moving home soon too so may be out for a few weeks

Hope the house move goes well Jamie, not too stressful. Take it you won't be trusting a Removals company with your astro kit?:grin:

Just been catching up on your 20" dob build thread Steve. We'll all be forming an orderly queue for a peek through the EP when you bring it along :grin:

Been a bit overworked...hard pressed public servant here with too much on the go at work, chuck in awful weather ( i am keeping a diary of weather and it makes for depressing reading ) and now we have summer where its not truly dark until very late...it all adds up to not much viewing.

I have been concentrating on rocketry of late....first successful launch of a two stager last week. No explosions on the pad, rocket eating tree faied to get the rocket as well :) so a successful recovery at last.

Astro has rather taken a back seat for the time being.

Archived