Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 24th November 2007

mpeniak

I found the brightness and contrast were really tricky to get right, you have to have delicate touch.

Yeah that's right, they are quite hard to set. I think they are too sensitive you just move contrast by 1mm and the change to a video is so big. I was thinking if we could get some other software that can takeover the control of fusion. Camera is great but as you said one has to be gently with all the settings.

I was getting very dark Saturn image, firstly I thought that there was some thin cloud in front of it but then I found out that I had to do some adjustments in RealLight section. Had to increase low light sensitivity. So we have to keep exploring all the settings and combinations :D Happy with the camera though :(

Martin :D

What software are you using?

The one that came with camera. I think it has more to do with driver rather than software :( I am only concerned about that control panel where you can adjust camera settings. The same panel appears in every program once the driver is installed. I thought there could be something else out there.

For capture I use OpenCapture software and fast coded. What do you think it could be causing those weird circles on my last Mars? I thought of 3 things either because of the fact that I have stacked 2x + 4x barlow or because of the coded or because of some settings as Saturn image does not have it.

What software are you using?

The one that came with camera. I think it has more to do with driver rather than software :( I am only concerned about that control panel where you can adjust camera settings. The same panel appears in every program once the driver is installed. I thought there could be something else out there.

For capture I use OpenCapture software and fast coded. What do you think it could be causing those weird circles on my last Mars? I thought of 3 things either because of the fact that I have stacked 2x + 4x barlow or because of the coded or because of some settings as Saturn image does not have it.

That control panel seems to be the same and used by all the capture software once its installed, it think it sits a 'layer' above the software and is just called by ut whne needed. The circles may be a manifestation of a problem I, and others, had with lunar shots using the camera, it doesn't differenciate between close shades very well sometimes and you can get bands of gray particulary on the lunar mares where you have large expanses of similar coloured shading. Maybe the same thing happened with Mars but due to the uniform red colouring?

Archived