NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wireless cctv

shirva

Hi Davy Im in the satellite and aerial business and even when asked I would'nt use them. They are as Paul says interference nightmares. Probably the best route is Cat 6, power and signal down one small cable. At £30 they will be the most unscreened transmitter and receiver known to man I would think.

Cheers Carl

I'm waiting for the receiver to come for the laptop, got the transmitter, but I'll be using it over a short distance, not more than about 3 to 4 meters at the most I'm sick of getting the wires tangle around my feet and pulling the wires apart. the other night i had to star align 3 times, must be a clumsy [removed word].

The USB wireless receiver arrived this afternoon and did a quick range check and it seems to work ok for what I need.The cam was upstairs in the front bedroom / computer room. and I went out into the back garden and just managed to get a picture. like I said the distance will be only 4 to 5 meters apart at the most so i'm happy with it.

post-24363-0-22721100-1369236111_thumb.j

post-24363-0-76105200-1369236229_thumb.j

hmmm. I missed this thread, yep I'll do that davy, I did one of saturn but it wasnt much cop. very grainy but thats not the wireless setup because I tried it again with the wired setup and it was still the same, i didnt have much time to play around with settings because it went behind the trees.

post-24363-0-06474800-1369782431_thumb.j

Archived