NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear Sky!

Astralstroll

My guessing that's the last clear sky we'll have for a while, my scope is due today :D but I did stand outside for a couple hours with my google sky map working out what's what, just realised the neighbour has a massive fir tree obscuring most of the south....which is nice...., am virgin to all of this but cant wait to jump head first :D

Thanks, I have a couple large street lights by my garden which doesn't help, but the area is quite rural so the skys not lit up orange as it is in the city, so fingers crossed ill have reasonable viewing, do live on the north coast where its all sand dunes so ill take a short walk and look for a nice dark site to...

An awful night for me. Opened up Obsy early, did some DIY while waiting for darkness.

Then when I was about ready my laptop wouldn’t recognise my webcam, took ages to sort out but when ready I looked up to find I was clouded out.

I decided that I’d call it a night so closed the roof and started to pack things up.

Then opened the Obsy door to find lovely clear skies again.

Someone up there doesn’t like me.

The sky cleared for me around 11:15hrs, but seeing was pretty poor until 01:00hrs. Then the transparancy really improved and I had some amazingly clear sky - unfortunately I was obsessing over imaging Saturn so my best views of the night were naked eye between captures. The seeing improved a little on target, perhaps between 2 and 3.

Wish I'd sacked Saturn and the camera for the night and got some mid-wide EPs out and gone hunting for globs and galaxies :)

Had to turn in at 02:30 due to work, but the sky looked beautifully clear this morning at 6 when the kids went off!

Archived