Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 Galaxy RGB

I started this galaxy as an LRGB but for some reason the Luminance layer actual washed the picture out so I've just stuck to the RGB.

Atik314, 10" TS Newt at prime focus (F4) between 8&10 5min subs each channel (after weeding out the plane trails and dodgy guiding after I flipped).

It's slightly soft (which seems to be a problem with lots of my pics) but my focus was bang on as was collimation. I've tried a PS sharpen and this is as best as I can get it without over doing it! Any suggestions to sharpen it up would be much appreciated.

post-13692-0-80776300-1368355968_thumb.p

Very nice indeed :) Yes, a little soft but still very nice :) I think the softness was probably due to the seeing - I have the same trouble at times.

Many thanks Gina, you could well be right on the seeing.

It is usually a bit more murky to the south of us (which is where I shot this galaxy).

I think that's what ruined my luminance data too.

I've just had a tweak on the colour balance:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/simonfromsussex/NGC4565-RGB_zpsaf75a2ec.png

Yes - very nice. I mostly image from my garden and the combination of LP and often imaging through very high cloud and muck my images are often pretty soft. It's amazing the difference between the best and worse subs I use but if I tossed all the softer one's I wouldn't capture enough data to process!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Yes - very nice. I mostly image from my garden and the combination of LP and often imaging through very high cloud and muck my images are often pretty soft. It's amazing the difference between the best and worse subs I use but if I tossed all the softer one's I wouldn't capture enough data to process!

I know exactly where you are coming from! I was going through these subs thinking no, no, no and then when I'm left with only a handful in each colour I had to go back and pick a few more yes ones!!!!

Archived