Does SGL have a classifieds buy and sell section.

Hi,

Does SGL have a classifieds buy and sell section.

Just received my Meade ETX125PE as a starter scope to take away with me. Ultimately I would like to get my hands on a LX200 for when I'm at home. I have looked in the usual places like ebay (not too keen to purchase from here) and astrobuyandsell. If I was buying secondhand I would like to buy from a place where I would expect the seller to have kept it in a good condition and looked after the equipment, have the knowledge and background to the item for sale. This seems like the ideal place as we all have the like minded interests.

I Have looked but cannot find anything on SGL. Any advice?

Many thanks

Andy

Yes it does, but you need 50 posts to access it for buying and 250 posts for selling. The reason for this is that dealers were snapping up generous offers from SGL members intended for fellow SGL members, and selling them at a profit elsewhere (or here on SGL).

More information in the Code of Conduct

there is andy but to access the classifieds you need 50 posts to view and 250 to sell. this is to try and stop dealers and scammers i think. It won't take you long to clock up 50 posts

Just go to the Welcome section and welcome all the newbies, your posts will soon stack up :smiley:

But please don't just cut and paste the same message over and over again. It's a tactic the admins of the forum are very familiar with and is likely to result in post counts being reduced.

The forum is about so much more than the classifieds section :smiley:

Just go to the Welcome section and welcome all the newbies, your posts will soon stack up :smiley:

beware you make serious posts, don't cut and paste "hello and welcome" because that is considered post-farming.just asking questions you have or answer questions others have, and 50 posts are quickly gathered.

Thanks guys for the help. I have a mountain of questions, but am not trying to abuse the system. Recently joined my local astronomy society and been to some really good lectures. A little mind blowing at first( Active Galaxies, Normal Galaxies week 1, Brown dwarf stars week 2.) Tried looking out last night but clouds intermitent, so packed away and hope tonight is better. Its really re-assuring though to know I have the back up of the SGL to help. Cheers :smiley:

I too was wondering about a classified section. Seems only reasonable that you have to qualify by some means before being able to access it. Your tale of bargains being snapped up by dealers michael reminds me of times at car boot sales when the hard core car booters would but up all your good stuff only to mark it up by 5p or so and sell it themselves. :smiley:

Here's to my qualifying 50th post...hopefully soon.

Archived