Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CPC Deluxe Hd 1100 problems

Well my new scope arrived but alas it looks like its going back for a replacement already! When I connect my PowerTank and try to turn it on nothing happens. When it arrived the main board seemed to make a whining/hissing and then whistling noise when powered by my PowerTank.

I checked the PowerTank and its fine, it powers my Nexstar 5i just fine and is definitely charged. I know that the connections on Celestrons are notorious but I have triple checked, it's definitely making a connection but the scope won't come on.

I was told by Wolfi at Telescope Express (who have been great) to send him a recording of the whistling so he could determine if this behaviour was normal as CPC Deluxes do apparently make a high pitched sound when turned on.

Alas, it didn't even come on the third time, no noise, no power light and no movement. I've tried with and with out the hand controller plugged in but nothing,

Anyway, I'm waiting on Wolfi and Thomas to decide what to do as I didn't really want them to have to ship an entire replacement. I don't know if the board can be shipped separately but what a start for my dream scope!

Not exactly impressed with Celestron at the moment!

:(

Sorry to hear that :(

Do you have access to something like this

http://www.firstligh...wer-supply.html

to test with? I know you say the power tank is fine, but over the years so many of my glitches with mounts and fork-mount 'scopes have come from my powertank that i'm now always distrustful of them, everything seems so much more reliable with a solid 13.8V regulated supply. Could it be that the 1100HD is more demanding on the power source than your Nexstar?

Sorry to hear that :(

Do you have access to something like this

http://www.firstligh...wer-supply.html

to test with? I know you say the power tank is fine, but over the years so many of my glitches with mounts and fork-mount 'scopes have come from my powertank that i'm now always distrustful of them, everything seems so much more reliable with a solid 13.8V regulated supply. Could it be that the 1100HD is more demanding on the power source than your Nexstar?

Hi Ben,

Yeah it's definitely the scope. Gutted :(

That's really disappointing, sorry to hear about that. Hope you can get a resolution quickly. I've bought from TS a few times and they've been good.

That's really disappointing, sorry to hear about that. Hope you can get a resolution quickly. I've bought from TS a few times and they've been good.

Yes I'm sure Wolfi will sort it quickly. They have been great so far and I'll keep posting here on the process. Just a shame I didn't even get a "first light" with my dream scope:(

Hi Seiko, Sorry to hear about your problems, just a thought - if your powering with a lead from the power tank (using a cigarette type plug in) - check that there isn't a fuse in the plug in that's blown giving you no juice - think its the same mount as the standard CPC - just the superior optics (nice!!!). My mount is a little noisy - think they all are (but on power up there's no noise at all just silence as the GPS kicks in - just a thought I had a plug in the wall lead with mine - not sure that yours is shipped with 1, you could try an extension or a Maplins variable voltage adaptor, think they only kick out a few milliamps (think the scope only draws an amp or so)- but enough to power the scope up with - hope you get it sorted Seiko - keep us informed mate - regards Paul.

Yep......I managed to blow the fuse in my 12v cig plug when I first got my CPC , by plugging things in with either or both the battery and scope turned on.

Always plug in with everything switched off now and not blown anything since.

Maplin have replacement fuses.

Hope you get it sorted.

That is a real tragedy, and extremely frustrating for you. I am sure you have already done it (or something similar), but if you can test the actual plug which goes into the mount to make sure you have electricity at that point then you will be absolutely sure that the problem is the scope.

I have also made the mistake on occasion of plugging the handset into the auto guider port which of course results in nothing working.......

Chris

Thanks guys, yes, I've tried a different cable and source. I've also checked the pin in the power socket and its fine and makes a good connection. Alas, nothing works. The scope is dead. Just got to see what Wolfi and Rom want to do to replace it or send me a part?

Real shame but suppose these things happen so hopefully it will all be sorted next week.

Archived