Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what to buy??

Hi all, i have skywatcher 130p on EQ2 mount with RA motor drive and am wanting to get into photography, iv read up on the DSLR but also came across a few things which i need some advive on.

Please could you enlighten me on these products......(1) 1.3 CMOS Telescope digital eye peice

(2)Bresser P.C eyepeice, ( dont know if this one is just for P.C use or can take pics)?

(3) Danubia Digital camera. ( this one seems to make sence to me!)

They all fit into the eye peice and transfer over to P.C but im wondering are they any good and are they worth a buy???

cheers!!

you are best to get a webcam, lots of very good advice on these forums, then start with lunar imaging, AP is a stiff learning curve, needing a decent mount and fast scope

The objective with a webcam is to take a film of a few mins gathering several thousand frames of the planet you want to image. Because the atmosphere is constantly moving the planet appears to "boil" and "shimmer". But there are odd moments of steady seeing where it doesn't shimmer at all. There's a better chance of capturing those moments when rolling at many frames per second, than trying to get a single shot with a dslr.

The frames can then be stacked and aligned using Registax stacking software which allows you to keep all the good frames and throw away all the not so good ones. Hth :)

Im interested in all aspects to be honest but, as im just starting out i would be focusing my attention on moon and planets, once i get a grip on that i would like to move on to DSO.

Brantuk......i get the meaning of what your saying but as im just starting out i wouldnt even know how to connect the web cam to the scope.......begginers eh!! lol , any links would be appreciated!!

Webcams attach using a nosepiece that screws to the webcam and then slots in the ep holder just like an eyepiece, very cheap to buy. Just plug the webcam into a laptop, download some image capture software and registax and away you go.

Just downloaded Registax and had a good read up on web cams and how they work so,........the next question has to be.....what is a good webcam to get for mainly planets and Lunar??

Archived