NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a swifty on the iris

Daniel-K

started a run on the iris last night 2 hours worth of data from LP skies gives you this:D this is my friends set up mounted on my mount in my obs. even though its still noisy were happy and cant wait to add some more data were aiming for 7 hours :D

This was a very quick rough process in CS6 at half 3 this morning will give it another bash later.

Image Detail :

Mount-NEQ6 via EQMOD via CDC

Scope- ED80 with WO reducer F6.6

Guiding- QHY5 mono via PHD

Camera-Canon 1000D un modded

Subs- 30 x 180 secs x5 300 secs all ISO 800

No darks or bias YET

Dan & Baz

post-6284-0-38036800-1368083262_thumb.jp

Hi Dan, welcome back to imaging and it looks like a good start on the Iris, really nice star colour I love the rich coloured carbon stars in this area. I can start to see some of the dark dust showing but I think this area really need flats so you can stretch it out without the vignetting, I learnt this when I recently imaged it:)

Good to have you back on the dark side mate:)

Chris

Hi Dan, welcome back to imaging and it looks like a good start on the Iris, really nice star colour I love the rich coloured carbon stars in this area. I can start to see some of the dark dust showing but I think this area really need flats so you can stretch it out without the vignetting, I learnt this when I recently imaged it:)

Good to have you back on the dark side mate:)

Chris

thanks Chris, i agree about the flats but having come off the night shifts at 6am in the morning i was starting to flag, hopefully i can do some callibration frames soon, i was supprised to see the nebula on sub, its one to keep chugging away at and its going to need some longer subs i think to get some detail in the dust. im just waiting till the end of the month after the wifes b-day then i can start getting some equipment back in the obsy. :D but for now im loaning . and it looks way better on my laptop for somereason they look poop when uploaded

Archived