NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Birds nesting in rolling roof....

laser_jock99

...discovered a house sparrow family has set up home in the obsy roof. They have plucked out the foam eave filling and are nesting between the insulation and corrugated roof sheet. I hope they didn't mind when they were shifted 10 feet to the left last night!

Nesting is the least of your worries. The swallows nesting in the workshop ceiling last year made an exceptionally unpleasant mess all over my chop saw :(

James

...discovered a house sparrow family has set up home in the obsy roof. They have plucked out the foam eave filling and are nesting between the insulation and corrugated roof sheet. I hope they didn't mind when they were shifted 10 feet to the left last night!

Same problem here - 'scope and mount now covered with a large tarp in case they break through the roof lining and start leaving mess...

Thought i'd blocked off all the possible gaps after they nested last year, but they seem to have found a new way in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plenty of fledglings seem to be well on their way now. Sadly I picked one up from beneath the kitchen window this morning. It looked rather badly concussed. Put it somewhere the cats wouldn't find it and my daughter said it had disappeared later on so perhaps it lived to fly another day...

James

Archived