3/8" T-nuts. Anybody know a good source?

Hi Mike,

I know what its like trying to find what you need here in the UK, The hardware stores only

seem to carry rubbish from China nowadays.

Anyway, I found a hand full of these, they are old stock and made of quality steel. I think they are 8mm or 5/16"

If used with a hard grade of bolt, these should do the trick. If they will work for you, send me a PM and I'll mail

you what you need; no charge.

Click on photo to enlarge.

post-21902-0-00678000-1367935185_thumb.j

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...
On 02/05/2013 at 17:26, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

I am looking for a couple of 3/8" T-nuts like this

36408902_l_2.jpg

for a project I am working on. No store here seems to stock them. I have seen places where you can order them online, but they either require me to buy 300 (bit much :rolleyes:), or they do allow me to order just one or two (for a very reasonable price of $0.10 apiece), but then charge $68 dollars shipping ( :eek: I kid you not!). Does anybody know of a good source in the UK rather than in the US.

Isaac's of high wycombe, axminster of... axminster and b&q do them.

On 02/05/2013 at 20:43, woodbob123 said:

Try running a 3/8 tap through a metric one I have done similiar with 6mm seemed to work ok but will not be as strong as original but there is a good depth of thread.

Shame on you....:ohmy:

:laugh2:

Archived