NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn April 20th repro

Space Cowboy

Been messing with images from the 20th trying to smooth and sharpen to get a larger scale. Its so tough at this low alt.

Here is an IR 742 Colour image which I've upscaled as much as I can. Taken at 23 degrees with QHY + IR & Colour DFK & QHY cams (3 images all combined in winjupos de-rotation of images).

gallery_4016_412_15165.png

I have to go the other way and say that I am really not a fan of using IR for Luminance, it makes the disc look very unnatural. I would prefer see a nice IR image in mono over a prettified version with colour. Maybe I am being a bit harsh though!

What would be really nice would be some decent seeing in the UK so that we do not all find ourselves scrapping around with poor data.

Cheers,

Chris

Joking apart Chris I must emphasise my 3x tal is producing a very red/pink colour balance compared to the 5x powermate and on this image I've pushed things a little too far with severe sharpening and increasing saturation maybe too much. As I've said before beggars can't be choosers and we are foraging in the Saturn rubbish bins whilst the southern hemisphere feast at the top table. :smiley:

Hi Stuart,

I always assumed that the type of barlow you used for imaging did not matter, I shall have to revise that view in light of your tal experience.

I really hope that one of the clear nights predicted this week is actually clear with decent seeing. Us UK imagers deserve a chance at getting at least one nice shot this opposition! I am impressed that you still produce images through these times of bad seeing, I have just given up on the data without producing a final image for the last 3 or 4 or my imaging sessions.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived