Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky watcher SynScan EQ6 PRO GT

jaspalchadha

Hi as Peter suggested suggest post specific questions need answering, the queries may have already been answered in similar posts. :) have you got issues? In AZ mode ensure you start with scope pointing north in Azimuth, level in Alt. Also you need to 2 star align using advice mentioned in manual, if have iphone there is an alt az align app for auto calc 2 good alignment stars. Due to field rotation I use AZ for visual only, moreover for convenience of keeping EP in one position that doesn't rotate as does in EQ mode. Jamie

Hi as Peter suggested suggest post specific questions need answering, the queries may have already been answered in similar posts. :) have you got issues? In AZ mode ensure you start with scope pointing north in Azimuth, level in Alt. Also you need to 2 star align using advice mentioned in manual, if have iphone there is an alt az align app for auto calc 2 good alignment stars. Due to field rotation I use AZ for visual only, moreover for convenience of keeping EP in one position that doesn't rotate as does in EQ mode. Jamie

I have not worried about starting with the scope pointing north on mine, and haven't had too many issues with the gotos or tracking. What DOES seem to matter though is making sure that the scope is properly levelled, and that you enter the time, date and location accurately.

I suspect that the main advantage of starting off pointing north is that it will minimize the maximum rotation from the starting point, and therefore the amount of 'cable wrapping' you might get.

Richard

Archived