Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

All set and ready for some observing tonight

Astroegg

I set up the telescope and binoculars for a spot of daytime observing of the Moon and am pleased because with the weather forecast I have at the moment... I'm all good to go for some observing from my own back garden!

post-11278-0-16832300-1366483182_thumb.j post-11278-0-57045200-1366483203_thumb.j

Looking very good. Going to grab an hour in a little while. Wife has to be up early so can't be up late but will grab what I can.

Enjoy

Stu

My sympathies... I suffer exactly the same restrictions! I'm sure one day I will get the time without any other responsibilities, but for now, I've just got the little one off to bed and left my better half with a glass of wine so am off out for as long as I dare. :evil:

I managed 2 nights on the bounce :eek: friday night i was using the 180 mak both visual and imaging with the dmk, then saturday i took the TAL100 and AZ4 to my dark site, there is a little bench where i set up, and i found it perfect height for seated observing, i was able to get some lovely luna detail

Glad to hear you were able to get out this weekend, Jules. A dark site and a bench to stretch out on when the observing gets a little tiring just sounds perfect. Did you get in a few more image-shots?

Glad to hear you were able to get out this weekend, Jules. A dark site and a bench to stretch out on when the observing gets a little tiring just sounds perfect. Did you get in a few more image-shots?

Quallia, i was not stretching out on the bench, but seated while observing lol, its the perfect height for luna observing with Tal and AZ4 mount, have posted a couple of dslr/tal shots in lunar section

Wonderful hour or so of observing and even caught the ISS sailing past. Forgotten how much everything gets covered in that cold, slimy film of dew once the temperature really drops though so that gave me an excuse to call it a night. Got a chance to test out the new power supply for the scope though and also my new Baader Steeltrack Crayford focuser (such an improvement for the SCT.) Was just utterly wowed by the beauty of the Moon last night. Like an old friend re-found again.

Same for me Astroegg, a nice hour with a couple of small fracs, enjoying the view while making some comparisons between the two. Moon looked amazing, so much detail to be seen.

Stu

Archived