NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

goto az second star alingment problem

'mariaone'

Exactly what my handset does. Would love to hear if a replacement handset fixes the problem. Or else hammer and new mount will be required

hey sorry to hear you have the problem aswell,

but at least now i know im not going nuts all on my own :eek:

my handset goes back to ovl tomorrow and i think leighs is going back thurs /fri

so watch this space :grin:

gra

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'mariaone'

Exactly what my handset does. Would love to hear if a replacement handset fixes the problem. Or else hammer and new mount will be required

hey sorry to hear you have the problem aswell,

but at least now i know im not going nuts all on my own :eek:

my handset goes back to ovl tomorrow and i think leighs is going back thurs /fri

so watch this space :grin:

gra

yes indeed will be dropping mine off at Green Witch Thursday or Friday for them to return it to OVL (skywatcher distributer) for testing and possible replacement. not been given any indication as to how long this likely to take though, and of course will not be able to use the mount during this time, so its going to be back to the Celestron GEM which I hate, with a vengeance if I want to use my scope :( Have to say Lee at Green Witch has been brilliant, and its not there fault, just one of those things

Check the 'fit' of the DC adaptor. I found that the movement of the mount caused the adaptor to slip in the recipient port on the mount. this often caused the mount to fail to slew, often when centering the second star. Even tho the handset lights were on and all seemed to be in order. I changed adapator tip to a snug fitting one and the error went away. I can only sumise the movement was causing a weak connection and under powering the mount & handset. note the slew speed is a lot slwer when centering the second star.

Have had a further Email from Greenwitch with more info from OVL, which says the following

"The handset doesn't shut down, you just need to reselect the rate button to continue to use directional keys"

Which as far as I can see is not in the Manual, so seems there is no fault at least with mine, its 'Working as intended'

Will be picking the handset up sometime tomorrow, so will see what happens when I try it again

Leigh

• 3 months later...

Hi It is very easy to accidentally hit the rate button due to the closeness of the down button in the dark. This can result in slewing slowly when wanting to slew fast and vice versa. I would be interested to know how you two got on with your set-ups once the handsets were returned.

Archived