NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! 32-bit firmware drivers for a Mammut CCD

Hi guys,

After being on the look out for a small chip mono CCD for quite a while I came across one for sale last night and local to me as well! its a Brighstar Mammut which was on my short list. I was told everything was in good order and condition so I jumped in the car with the cash and an hour later arrived at his doorstep.

The camera is in good condition from what I can tell externally and he found me suitable ST4, power, and usb leeds but no software disc, instructions or box. The camera has 64 bit drivers installed when I asked him about 32 bit drivers which both my pc's are he said that I could download them from the official site. I've had a good look both on the official site and on the net and no signs of these 32-bit drivers! :(

I've emailed Bern at Modern astronomy who sells these to see if anything can be done along with the support on the official site so I'm just playing the waiting game.

I'm wondering if anyone knows something I don't basically, are these drivers on the net and I've just missed them? is there a way around this without buying a new laptop.

any ideas I'm a bit stuck at the moment:(

Cheers

Chris

Edited by starfox

Hi Damian thanks for getting back to me and having a look at the site:) The above links are some of the ones I've been reading and I still can't find any links to down load the Firmware for 32 bit as initially supplied on the disc which I don't have. The latest 1.7 software update now supports 64 bit which is what the previous owner installed.

One thing I haven't done is contact 365 Astro so thanks for that idea I'll ping them and hopefully one of these suppliers can help me out:)

Failing that I will need to either re sell the camera or buy a 64 but machine, but that in its self is a problem because they all seem to come with Windows 8 which according the blurb doesn't support the Mammut software:(

rock and hard place

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

There must be 32 bit drivers for this smewhere.

I would get in touch with 365 as I am sure they would be able to point you in the right direction or send you a cd. If I find them I'll drop you a pm!

ah! thats brilliant Damian thanks:)

I can't believe I didn't think to message this guy considering the last coment on the thread is from me:D Doh!

Whats that expression? some mothers do have them:D

All sorted (hopefully) the chap sent me the drivers in a zipped file and they worked a treat, now the Night Watch software connects to my camera! Looking forward to first light with it now :grin:

• 7 years later...
On 13/04/2013 at 14:54, Lockie said:

Hi guys,

After being on the look out for a small chip mono CCD for quite a while I came across one for sale last night and local to me as well! its a Brighstar Mammut which was on my short list. I was told everything was in good order and condition so I jumped in the car with the cash and an hour later arrived at his doorstep.

The camera is in good condition from what I can tell externally and he found me suitable ST4, power, and usb leeds but no software disc, instructions or box. The camera has 64 bit drivers installed when I asked him about 32 bit drivers which both my pc's are he said that I could download them from the official site. I've had a good look both on the official site and on the net and no signs of these 32-bit drivers! :(

I've emailed Bern at Modern astronomy who sells these to see if anything can be done along with the support on the official site so I'm just playing the waiting game.

I'm wondering if anyone knows something I don't basically, are these drivers on the net and I've just missed them? is there a way around this without buying a new laptop.

any ideas I'm a bit stuck at the moment:(

Cheers

Chris

Hey do you still have the drivers for this camera, sorry it's such an old thread but I'm really stuck! Thanks.