Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image sensor in Stellarium

Davey-T

Browsing around Stellarium it appears to have an option to display the field of view of an image sensor superimposed on the screen, however there is no

shortcut key listed as for occulars for instance, Ctrl O.

There is a Canon 450D listed in the configuration window but I can't see how to get it to display.

Looked in the PDF manual and likewise it is listed but no shortcut key.

Anyone know how to do it ?

Dave

For me on the mac at least it's:

Alt - O (brings up a little menu)

Then select 'toggle CCD'

Extremely useful feature, especially when coupled with image-solving to show what your scope is pointing at in real-time.

Anton

Hello,

If you enable the 'On screen control panel' for the Occulars plugin then a little toolbar will always appear in the top right.

You click on the little circle for an eyepiece view and the rectangle next to it for the image sensor field of view!

Dan

Once the ocular is enabled you cannot zoom anymore. Can be a little frustrating but then, to be able to see what your sensor will cover for a given lens/scope combo is great. I guess zooming in and out isn't necessary.

I can happily zoom in and out of the sensor view. Not the eyepiece view though.

For me, when I click on the sensor symbol it projects the relevant red rectangle on the sky which I can then zoom in and out of etc.

Dan

I can happily zoom in and out of the sensor view. Not the eyepiece view though.

For me, when I click on the sensor symbol it projects the relevant red rectangle on the sky which I can then zoom in and out of etc.

Dan

Im gonna have to check this, I'm probably getting confused - doesn't take much.

Archived