No image using byeos

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Here..

Steve Try this...http://de.software.canon-europe.com/software/0022674.asp?model=

I know its in Germay, worth a try..

Cu

I can confirm this website has drivers and you can download them i just tried, usb wia for vista and it worked there is a long list including a pdf of the user guide.http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010192.asp This is the website same as above but the full list.

The 40D, and all Canon DSLR's that came out after it, can be fully controlled for long exposures simply through a USB cable. For older cameras, only exposure lengths that are programmed into the camera from the factory (meaning 30 seconds or less) can be accessed via USB control. This is where the special serial long exposure cable comes into play, allowing a PC to directly control the shutter for any length exposure via the camera's "bulb" port. But in any case, you need to have the USB cable connected between the camera and PC for your software to "communicate" and recognize the camera. No "communications" goes through the serial long exposure cable except for the direct shutter control for exposures longer than 30 seconds.

Jim

Hi Steve & Jim,

Sorry in taking too long in replying .. I have a lot of things to do at the moment.. too much work , not enough sleep..

I, am trying to remember where I left of....

Steve sorry that the Pm did not arrive, I was asking what software you have & what you were needing?

Jim , Yes I have only one cable going to the camera,,, since my seriel port is occupied, I use the Usb Port , with a serial Adapter.. You will have to make your own cable..

It is quite easy, I can send you the circuit...

Let me know how far you are..

Cu John

Hi and thanks, John, does the circuit involve any IC’s !! over here you could find Gold before finding the right IC lol

I have played around with electronics since the early seventies and would you believe it I got my fist bread board the other month :) not used it but its there :)

Jim

Hi Jim , here is the web site from which I made the circuit..

Unfortunatly I don,t have any Gold over here, but plenty Ic,s...

If you & steve fancy building one, I can send you over the Ic,s..( You only need to pay the Post)..

What is important , that the tip of the plug sends the right signal, you need to check this with a Multymeter, that when attached to Bye, it triggers of the camera.

Here is a Foto of mine..B,t,W I have taken the Video off Dropbox..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fcmslv02vcfc92/test%20001.JPG

http://www.google.de/imgres?q=serial+adapter+canon&um=1&sa=N&hl=de&biw=1643&bih=847&tbm=isch&tbnid=2EbhDXpUMYlzlM:&imgrefurl=http://www.beskeen.com/projects/dslr_serial/dslr_serial.shtml&docid=jGZsn3aV-tdtuM&imgurl=http://www.beskeen.com/projects/dslr_serial/SerialDSLRControlCircuit.gif&w=751&h=262&ei=0YZtUdDfFsLLtQblk4GIBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=515&vpy=455&dur=162&hovh=132&hovw=380&tx=168&ty=93&page=1&tbnh=90&tbnw=252&start=0&ndsp=47&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0,i:157

Cu John

Steve, What type of cable do you have, any chance of having a look at your setup..

Foto,s may help me to see whats going on..

If the camera is Ok, then the rest is no prob..

Cu John

Thanks very much, John, that schematic is a very basic circuit diagram, if that is all it needs I’m sure I can find the components over here, I know now I still have some IN4001 diodes in the loft :) and I’m sure I can find some D9 shells on some old cables.

Jim

Hi Steve & Jim.

I noticed on the BackyardEOS Supports Canon DSLR Models!

Quote: 350D / XT DIGIC II yes (serial) No Usb...

So I,am right in thinking, you need a serial adapter...

Hope it works out Ok

Steve, don,t give in mate..

Cu John

Hi Steve & Jim.

I noticed on the BackyardEOS Supports Canon DSLR Models!

Quote: 350D / XT DIGIC II yes (serial) No Usb...

So I,am right in thinking, you need a serial adapter...

Hope it works out Ok

Steve, don,t give in mate..

Cu John

Hi John,

i'm hoping its going to be sorted soon (I'll post here with news) I've already got the serial release cable & its looking like driver issues. I aint giving up yet mate :smiley:

Cheers

Steve

Well, my CF card arrived yesterday & as I expected, the same problem continues. :mad: Guylain (byos's developer) is going to do a remote imaging session with me tomorrow night were he will be controlling my laptop so he can see whats going on.

On a brighter note, I managed this post-26695-0-11124300-1366442747_thumb.j last night, iso200, 1/800th sec. Not fantastic BUT it means my problems (as thought) are not camera related.

I'll post results of tomorrows findings after the session.

Steve

Nice to know the camera is working, Steve, hope Guylain can find out what might be causing the problem.

What lens or scope did you use for the capture, it’s a nice capture just needs a little more sharpening to me.

Jim

Thanks Jim, It was taken at prime focus with my 200p. It was more of a test to make sure the camera was working (although any advice is more than welcome) as I bought the it only for AP so no lenses at the moment.

Hope everythings going well with the new mount? I havnt noticed you having any problems on here. :smiley:

Atb

Steve

Only just starting out with Astronomy so got my lenses for wildlife and day 2 day things, I have six lenses and with the kit lens I can cover 18mm upto 400mm and also have a x 1.4 converter.

Still playing with the new mount, I had it set-up in the garden yesterday, I’m just not hitting the target I’m slightly out not far but far enough for it not to be in the eye piece.

I will PM you, Steve.

Jim

Well the problem is finally solved!!! Just finished a remote imaging session with Guylain who wrote byeos & the camera & drivers are working fine, the weak link is the poxy serial to usb lead for connecting my serial release cable to my laptop, why on earth i decided that a £2.99 lead from Amazon would be any good is beyond me. Anyway i'm now ordering the correct lead & hopefully all will be well, in the meantime I can do exposures of up to 30 seconds which to start with will be more than enough.

A VERY big thankyou to Guylain for giving up 1/2hr of his (probably very busy) spare time to help me out with this. Bigger companies should take a leaf out of his book as the help he has given me both before this session & now puts them to shame, byeos isnt expensive for what it does and with after sales support like that i'm very impressed.

Also thanks to everyone here who offered their advice too :grin:

This is starting to sound like a baftas speech now so i'll shut up. :rolleyes:

Fantastic news, Steve, nice of, Guylain, to spend time looking into this with you, I will be interested in seeing how you get on with byeos! You never know I might end up getting this program too in the near future.

Jim

Mate thats great. don't knock yourself out over the lead. we all try to save money and end up paying the price (usually in time and frustration). I've spent around £2000 on various astro related things and still haven't bought a lp filter that I KNOW I need :icon_redface: . Anyway, glad it's all sorted and look forward to seeing your images on the forums :)

Scott

Fantastic news, Steve, nice of, Guylain, to spend time looking into this with you, I will be interested in seeing how you get on with byeos! You never know I might end up getting this program too in the near future.

Jim

It's a great bit of software. I bought it after a months free trial. try before you buy.... It makes sense really :)

Scott

Archived