NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Panstarrs+M31 and a bonus....

Sorting through the images on Panstarrs and its encounter with M31 I came across what I originally thought was a aircraft trail...

I've over done the processing a bit :eek:

Hope you like

post-14748-0-27220000-1365009456_thumb.j

Thanks Wave Soarer and Michael,

The above was stacked on the star background, below are the same subs stacked on the comet (my PA) was farther out than I thought!) reduced the processing a little!

post-14748-0-59269900-1365014684_thumb.j

Thanks Iksose7, I do my stacking in AA5 using the manual settings. It brings each sub frame up one at a time and allows me to add an alignment point either by clicking on the image or using on screen cursors to reposition the last point. For the one above I used 'add' as the blend mode for the stack, this has given a much cleaner image than the sigma add and average methods I tried before.

Thanks James, Its a SW Skymax 127 bought s/h from another SGL member. Many years ago (it seems) I played with webcam imaging and I want to do some planetary and lunar imaging again when the long warm summer evenings return!. The MN190 and Atik 383 are not really suited to that. I have a modded SPC900 which will get me going again - see where it takes me.

Archived