Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

saw the light panstarrs light at last

hi guys/girls

lost the plot last night 8.15 in garden with binos 15 x 70 star chart on table and started to look found

almach droped down a bit to mirach crossed to the right just moving across and WOLLOP THERE SHE WAS PANSTARRS. was well impressed nice head and a fine looking tail quiet wide im so chuffed right

now, cant wait for another view its fantastic when you see it for yourself, isint it.

had to share this

steve

I spent another hour in the garden last night , still no luck, I was thinking it could be because of the light pollution in the south east , even tho my area is nice and dark , but then I see this thread where the author is in croydon , so it cant be that.

I was using skymap and skyeye to make sure I was looking in the right direction , I could see cassiopeia from quite early on.

Im using a 25mm ep at 26xmag , that should be ok to see it shouldnt it ?

I have been lucky with the weather for the last four nights

I have been observing Panstarrs and last night could see

M31 in the same FOV it looks awesome, wish I was into AP

I would have had some great shots.

Very good for you. I had a look from the promenade & I could just about make them out from the bright glare of the streetlights. The next night I went to my dark sky site & was blown away by what I saw. There was a comet in my 15x70 bins + a galaxy too. Bonussssssss!!!!!!!

Archived