Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last Jupiter....help please?

Hi Folks:

After drift alignment, collimation and replacing a faulty camera usb cable I managed to get a few avi's last night. I used a 9.25sct, DBK21 and 3x Barlow captured with ic capture. Tried adjusting focus, gain, gamma between sequences.

This is 1000 stack of about 1250. Gamma was about 60, 30fps, gain about 800 and exposure 1/30 sec. Also used UYVY codec and RGB 24.

When I brought up the histogram and adjusted gain, gamma and exp the colors did not stretch out but a yellow block moved to the right(?) The colors were to the left and did not move across at all(?) Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks again for any suggestions for improvement.

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-69899300-1364657888_thumb.jp

I'd leave gamma at the default of 100. Funny things happen when you lower gamma. Make sure the histogram block is 60-70% full and gain no higher than 80%. yuy2 with rgb24 is fine or y800 with y800. I would have auto white balance selected.

Jupiter is well past its best now so unless seeing is great its going to be a struggle to get a great image.

Hi again:

I tried another avi....also the blue coloration seems to be blown out on it. This one I ran through PIPP then R5 ...with a bit of tweaking in PS.

Thanks for your help, and I will certainly watch the gamma and gain next time with the auto white balance. Still have to practice more with the histogram.

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-43967700-1364688308_thumb.jp

Archived