NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Shoeatring GPUSB WIN 7-64 issue

Hi,

I hope that I am posting this question in the right place but has anyone managed to get GPUSB to work with WIN 7- 64 yet? On my laptop the driver is not recognised and the Ascom Diagnostic reports that the driver is not compatible with 64 bit system even though it is correctly registered, but others have reported that it sould work. Many thanks for any help or pointers.

Regards,

A.G

Yep, works fine on mine. Been using for well over a year now, no problems and didn't have any issues when first used.

Hi Freddie,

I guess I must be unlucky, there is a an article on Ascom site with regards to this problem and it seems that they really don't know what causes this. I tried it on an old Sony laptop with 32 bit XP and it seems to work on there.

Many Thanks,

A.G

It's not a usb3 port is it? there seem to be problems with various things recognising them or vice versa. Failing that, do a complete uninstall of the drivers even to the point of going through the registry and manually removing any reference to the device, then reboot and reinstall. Editing the registry is not something to take on if you're not confident, if so try uninstall/reboot and then reinstall the drivers before plugging the device in for the first time.

Archived