NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

March 21, 2012: Spotted Panstarrs again

Well done. I have tried a couple of times to see it in my binos but without success. On the clear nights I have had, there has been a band of cloud along the horizon, so no luck really. I will keep trying but I expect it is getting fainter. Looking forward now to the big one in November. Cheers. Phil

Cheers everyone. It should still be a binocular target for a while, so don't give up yet. I waited til 19:30, when some stars of Andromeda became visible with the naked eye. That lead me onto the comet quite readily. Andromeda formed a near vertical line in the sky, and the comet was on the lower left-hand side, at about 12-15 degrees above the horizon here in the Netherlands (probably the view at around 18:30 in the UK).

A really nice view this evening from Denmark, too. Just about a naked eye object at around 8pm local time - with a bit more time and a lower western horizon, I expect it would have been much easier. Really beautiful through 7x42 bins, and much better than when I last saw it, on the 15th. It doesn't seem any less bright than it was 11 days ago, and is now in a darker part of the sky.

post-23158-0-79677200-1364333896_thumb.j

A really nice view this evening from Denmark, too. Just about a naked eye object at around 8pm local time - with a bit more time and a lower western horizon, I expect it would have been much easier. Really beautiful through 7x42 bins, and much better than when I last saw it, on the 15th. It doesn't seem any less bright than it was 11 days ago, and is now in a darker part of the sky.

post-23158-0-79677200-1364333896_thumb.j

Could have been the view from the back of my house, Oblong! Thanks very much!

Yeah!

I saw it again setting in the north-west.

And I showed my little six-year-old.

"Wow, Daddy, a comet!!!"

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Congrats. great to get the kids involved. I also spotted it yesterday, but the kids were in bed by then (and the eldest with a bad cold). They did see it on the 14th however, so they have not been left out.

Archived