Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First night out with my scope!

Managed to get an hour outside with my scope. In between clouds I managed to see the moon and some stars. The moon was amazing! Was like the kind of thing you only see in photos. Could not believe what I was seeing!

Managed to take a photo with my phone. Not excellent but I'm so happy with it.

post-29076-0-46406800-1363812896_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

If you persevere with using your phone you can get some quite nice pictures of the moon. What phone is it your using? In my gallery/flickr I have some taken with the same scope on my iPhone to give you an idea of what you can do with it, providing your prepared to take ALOT of photos to get the one good one.

In my gallery/flickr I have some taken with the same scope on my iPhone to give you an idea of what you can do with it, providing your prepared to take ALOT of photos to get the one good one.

Do you use a mount for your phone, or are those hand held?

Hand held at the moment. Iv tried on several objects but can only get good results on the moon. The trick, like everything, is to take your time and take alot of photos. When I first tried it I would take one, take my phone away and have a look, put it back, try to centre it again etc. Its alot better if you can get it centered then snap like mad for a minute or two, then pick out your best ones.

Archived