NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Holiday Ideas

laser_jock99

Tanzania is great, went there on Safari a while back and took my trusty 66mm frac with me. The skies were wonderful, although ultimately it was a little frustrating. Too many trees obscured much of the sky in camp, and a desire to avoid becoming someone's dinner made it hard to concentrate at the eyepiece :-)

The idea of an organised trip out in the open at night, with plenty of people watching your back is very appealing. The skies are amazing, confusing because there are so many stars and everything is the wrong way around but I had views that would rival an 8" back home, well worth it.

Stu

Tromso for the Aurora. Cheap flights from Heathrow, accommodation and food expensive, but well worth the cost. Locally book Guide-Gunnar he provides access to private land with great landscape-aurora photo opportunities, we did not do this and regretted it. March, October and February are said to be the best months. We went to Tromso in January 2011 and saw the Aurora and Quadrantids Meteor shower. Unforgettable experience but all subject to weather and solar activity.

http://www.guide-gunnar.no/?ac_id=1&ao_name=forside

George

Archived