Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ED Barlow on Ebay!

I have dealt with this seller recently, purchasing a webcam adapter and 0.965 to 1.25 adapter. She refunded my money then sent me a revised invoice for reduced postage costs on two items. Both seem pretty solid, and the couple of emails I passed between the seller reference the items were answered quickly, so overall I was happy with the service and what I paid for the items.

Thats not to say this particular one may not be a duffer, but I daresay that the quality promise would be met, ie if not happy return it for money back. But, if in doubt return it by recorded delivery then go via the normal paypal route.

How would you ever find out what type of glass is actually used ?. How does the seller really know for that matter other than the manufacturer says it is and it's got "ED" printed on the side ?.

There is nothing magic about ED glass anyway - it can be poorly figured, polished and coated just like any other glass and the result will be a poor optic.

I suspect these will perform like many other £25 barlows.

The barrel and nose piece arrangement does not look quite right with those either - the lens element looks like it would contact the mirror in any diagonal you insert it into. Looks a bit bodged to me.

Thanks for the replies.

... The barrel and nose piece arrangement does not look quite right with those either - the lens element looks like it would contact the mirror in any diagonal you insert it into. Looks a bit bodged to me.

I must admit to being worried about the screw in bottom lens to take the barlow from 2x to 3x! Plus once that is in place, where do you put your 1.25" screw in filters?

I think I will save my money.

See, this is what comes of too many cloudy nights!!! :grin:

Most barlows I've seen don't allow you to screw a filter into the end, I think you have to screw it into the eyepiece. Seeing as though the seller will pay for return postage and refund everything if you're not happy with it (backed up by Paypal), then there's no harm in giving it a try.

Archived