Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

how will this lens perform

That looks like a hacked account.

Anyway, the lens is certainly respectable. You'l probably find it performs best in its middle range. I.e. Stopped down to around f8, with decent results at f5.6, CA might creep in above 200mm or so but should be manageable.

Worth asking yourself if you REALLY need stabilisation though, since you can get a nicer non stabilised lens for the same money.

That looks like a hacked account.

Anyway, the lens is certainly respectable. You'l probably find it performs best in its middle range. I.e. Stopped down to around f8, with decent results at f5.6, CA might creep in above 200mm or so but should be manageable.

Worth asking yourself if you REALLY need stabilisation though, since you can get a nicer non stabilised lens for the same money.

thanks for the info, i guess image stabiliser may not be so important as it will be on a tripod

cheers Derek

The lens looks like a good one. I have a 70-300mm non-IS version which works great and cost about the same from a camera shop in Dublin city.

This is a fair comment. Most people would use a tripod when using a zoom lens and because the lens is on a tripod, you would have no need to turn the IS function on on the lens, so it does seem a bit silly.

Archived