NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DIY Observing Table

alan g

This is my attempt at a home made observing table for my Heritage 130p.

I knocked it together earlier this week using a bit of old fence post, a lazy susan, a pisce of plywoood, an old wooden box and an aluminium camping frying pan !

I lined the frying pan and box with thin foam rubber sheeting so I can keep my EP'S and glasses etc safe when viewing.

Th table is rock solid, being screwed and rawlplugged into the patio and this now brings my scope upto the ideal viewing height, so hopefully no more sore back.

Total cost of project....... £4.50 for the tin of green spray paint some of which I used to paint some of the slabs with as well....... shouldn't have sprayed it on a windy day ! :smiley:

post-28264-0-11102300-1363354911_thumb.j

Great effort Alan and looks like it is going to be of benefit for some time to come! The only question is, which tray do I use for my glass of wine or will that be in the updated version? :grin: Hic! Hic!

Clear skies

James

Great effort Alan and looks like it is going to be of benefit for some time to come! The only question is, which tray do I use for my glass of wine or will that be in the updated version? :grin: Hic! Hic!

No problem, already thought of that, my glasses and EP'S fit in one tray and my wine or hip flask in the other :grin:

Archived