Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crescent Moon -- 2013-03-14

Stargazer33

My humble efforts from last night of the crescent Moon.

I was trying to find PANSTARRS again last night, this time using my Celestron Travelscope 70 that I bought as a guide scope for my C8.

No hope of spotting the comet, so I grabbed a few shots of the Moon at different settings to see how good the new scope is.

This is a stack of the best four (I know too few! :grin: ) frames.

Travelscope 70, 1100D, cropped and centred in PIPP, stacked in Registax 6, post processing in PS7.

post-21511-0-50655200-1363339642_thumb.j

Well done. I must have a go at that myself. Crescent Moons in combination with clear skies seem to be quite rare these days :(

James

Absolutely, could see the crescent last night but the thin cloud made it look like it was through a steamed up window, see below

post-21806-0-29376000-1363374943_thumb.j

... Crescent Moons in combination with clear skies seem to be quite rare these days. :( James

Sadly that is too true James. Another washout this weekend!

Very nice, especially for such a modest scope

Thanks Michael! Yes I was quite pleased with the results, especially as the scope was on a photography tripod and not my normal mount. It should work really well as a guide scope for my C8.

Absolutely, could see the crescent last night but the thin cloud made it look like it was through a steamed up window

Ahh! Steamy windows! I remember youth. That thing that's wasted on the young! :smiley::wink:

Archived