Greetings from Glasgow

Drychnath

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

Check out the Central Scotland forum, google "CSOG" a more local forum where observing meets are arranged - usually at short notice - thoughout the central belt, theres a good few members in the Glasgow area, if you go to the meets you will get a chance to see and try any upgrades, ie, eyepieces etc. you might be thinking of.

Hi, Lee, and welcome to SGL! The 250PX is a very nice scope. If you haven't already I would suggest a collimating tool (either 'Cheshire' or laser) as your scope will need tuning fairly often.

Martin

Hi Martin, one step ahead of you there, ordered the Cheshire delux model from FLO along with the scope. Now reading and watching as many instructions as I can find, Astrobaby's guide to collimation is next on the list.

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

Check out the Central Scotland forum, google "CSOG" a more local forum where observing meets are arranged - usually at short notice - thoughout the central belt, theres a good few members in the Glasgow area, if you go to the meets you will get a chance to see and try any upgrades, ie, eyepieces etc. you might be thinking of.

Thanks for the heads up Lorne, will definitely look into this at some point.

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome.

Hi Lee

A warm welcome to the SGL

you do know the the curse of buying a new scope don't you

200mm scope 5 days of bad weather 250mm 10 days bad weather :grin:

Lovely scope you have there, it will give you hundreds of hours of fun let us know how you get on with it

when you decide that you want new eyepieces check out in the eyepieces section and have a chat with us all on the SGL

we love to help

looking forward to clear skies - One day.

Doug.

Hi Lee

A warm welcome to the SGL

you do know the the curse of buying a new scope don't you

200mm scope 5 days of bad weather 250mm 10 days bad weather :grin:

Hi Doug, this is so very true. In my case I waited for a week for clear skies and if the weather reports are to be believed I will have waited another week for the 2nd outing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived