Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice little case in PoundLand

jonathan

I was at a PoundLand earlier this week, it's always worth a look to see what they might have in, I've been on the look out for a mobile phone slip case to put a 4x AA battery holder in for my CG-4 (to replace the larger D cell battery pack, which is a bit redundant as I use AAs instead). I found a neat little orange zip-up neoprene camera case, just the right size for the battery holder, comes with a Carabiner clip which is detachable.

I thought this would be ideal for clipping to the mount / tripod somewhere to hold the battery pack, and should be much less bulky and awkward than the large D cell pack. Then I thought this might also be handy for keeping eyepieces handy, maybe clipped to a belt loop or inside a jacket to keep warm. The purpose of having a cover for the battery pack was to protect it a little bit from the cold, to keep the batteries from freezing and losing their power.

As with anything in such cheap shops, it's worth examining the product and selecting a good one as quality control is usually rather suspect.

Archived