Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

time and space

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please dont confuse me even more. i think you know the gist of my post . no offence intended

But it's true and very simple. Information takes a while to reach you, even if that isn't long. Bang your finger with a hammer and there's a (regrettably short) time lapse before you feel pain. There's a slightly more favourable time lapse between a firm sending you a bill and you receiving it. But all information takes time to travel.

Or does it? Some quantum events seem to communicate instantaneously.

Anyway, the idea there there is a past, a present and a future is just a theory of time and one which is beginning to look a bit outdated...

Olly

If you look at Andromeda you see it as it was before our humans were up and running, and thats our closest galaxy. The list goes on.... And on. And on.

thanks everyone for clarifying what i thought was right for me. i have got sooo much to learn and now im an old git wish i had listened at school!

It's something I always think about whenever I'm looking up at something in the sky or do a bit of research after. Realising how long the light from that object has been travelling through space is pretty mind boggling!

Even something like the Orion Nebula, you're seeing as it was 1,300 years or so ago. When the light started out towards us the world was a pretty different place back then!

But it's true and very simple. Information takes a while to reach you, even if that isn't long. Bang your finger with a hammer and there's a (regrettably short) time lapse before you feel pain. There's a slightly more favourable time lapse between a firm sending you a bill and you receiving it. But all information takes time to travel.

Or does it? Some quantum events seem to communicate instantaneously.

Anyway, the idea there there is a past, a present and a future is just a theory of time and one which is beginning to look a bit outdated...

Olly

can you elaborate for me please

It has been noted buy scientists that two (entangled) particles, protons for example can be some distance apart (maybe an infinite distance) and communicate with each other with no time lag, ie what happens to one happens to the other at the exact moment with no obvious path of communication between them.

Quantum entanglement is Just one very weird aspect of quantum physics, then again the quantum maybe very normal throughout the universe and our brains and perception is just not able yet to comprehend such goings on.

Archived