Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Panstarrs & Andromeda?

Vic&Al

Hi all,

Comet L4 Panstarrs will (hopefully) be visible in the next few months, I have never photographed a comet before so will be looking forward to this event. I see that around the beginning of April it will be approaching M31 and I think this would make an excellent image, so my question is a) would it be plausible to image the galaxy and the comet together in the same frame ie exposure durations filters etc and B) if so what field of view would be required to fit them both in the frame.

I would like to configure my kit in anticipation so as not to miss this opportunity.

Thanks in advance

Regards Al

Check in Stellarium (by advancing the time) to the beginning of April to see what time of day it'll be in the sky at your location relative to M31. Andromeda came round in the daytime today so it might be low'ish (or not there at all) in the sky in a month's time. :)

Archived