NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My third attempt at iimaging Jupiter

Hi to all,

Tonight I used my 127 MAK to capture Jupiter for the 3rd time from my back garden, the MAK was mounted on an EQ5 Pro GoTo mount but this time I aligned it properly for the first time. The seeing for Jupiter was moderate as it was almost at the zenith at about 8 PM. The camera was OpticStar 75C and I shot 6 series of 1500 frame videos at 50 FPS, I used a Badder Neodymium filter to kill off some of the horrible LP that surronds my back garden but I attached it to the DieElectric diagonal this time and it produced a very small blue halo round Jupiter, the first time that I have noticed this. The attached image is the result and at least this time I managed to get and process some detail, not brilliant but better than my first two tries. Hope you like it and any advice is much appreciated .

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-22482300-1362533735_thumb.j

Archived