Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The financial impact of discovering this great hobby

ubertank

Equipment aside - at least the wealth of inspirational opportunities for continual learning is relatively inexpensive or free. With all the current cloud cover there's plenty of time for researching new stuff to explore.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All very familiar..LOL...I blame the ease of using credit cards, internet and forums one thing leads to another, surrounded by hobby purchases I never knew I really needed plus a growing wish list. Seem to be constantly explaining why I need this or that and how really useful it would be :rolleyes:

I reckon the cost of astronomy is quite similar to cycling. You can get started with a relatively modest budget. A basic telescope cost about the same as a basic bike.

As you advanced you can spend as much as you want on instrument/bike. Eventually you will realised just one scope/bike isn't quite enough and buy an other. The accessories also cost a fortune.

Finally, if you crash one of those fancy carbon fibre bike, you will need to buy a new one, just like a dropped telescope.

Archived